Target USA CUP is the largest event of the year at the National Sports Center. We’ll be hosting about 25,000 people a day on our campus. They’re not all on site at once, but we estimate there are probably 12-15,000 on our campus at any given time.
And that means there will be some traffic and some parking congestion. But relax, because the Target USA CUP staff has some great ideas for easing your parking hassles.
The two best lots for finding open parking spaces:
Are you heading for the Adidas Super Store, tournament headquarters, the Target Village, or are you playing in the Stadium, or on fields 46, or 60?
If so, our secret parking tip is Lot J. This lot, adjacent to the NSC Sports Hall, has an easy entrance and exit to Davenport St., and it’s a short walk to all the locations around Centerview School and the Stadium.
On the north side of the campus, Lot C is would be a great place to park. Any of the fields on the north side are an easy walk from Lot C. This is the biggest parking lot on the north side of the campus. It’s a gravel parking lot, but the access road from either 109th Ave NE or 105th Ave NE has been recently paved. It’s beautiful!
Both Lots J and C had open spaces available throughout USA CUP last year, so we expect that’ll be true this year too.
The tightest parking lot:
Hands down, it’s Lot A. If you drive by and it looks full — it is. Loop around and park in Lot C instead.
And finally, here are some other parking tips for USA CUP:
- Parking is free and first-come, first-served. Arrive early and allow plenty of time to find a spot before your game starts. You may not be able to park in the lot adjacent to your field.
- Carpools are encouraged.
- The exits to most parking lots are “Right Turn Only” to speed exiting. However, the new roundabouts on 105th will allow exiting in both directions from the Lots F and G and Lots C and E onto 105th.
- Once you find a parking space on campus, it is advised to move around the campus by walking or using our campus shuttles, rather than trying to re-park.
- Please park in designated spaces only. No parking on the grass.
- We ask that all participants and spectators park in NSC parking lots ONLY. Please do not use the parking lots of the various business owners adjacent to our complex. Vehicles parked in these lots may be subject to towing at owners’ expense.
- And finally, if you are attending Opening Ceremony on July 16, the best way to avoid congestion after the event is to … wait. Stick around and enjoy the party on the field. Even waiting as little as 30 minutes will allow the rush to ease up. You’ll have fun and you’ll dodge the traffic.